I can’t get enough of gallo pinto: Costa Rica’s most famous dish for breakfast. I fell inlove with it the first time I tasted it and so I made my own version with Quinoa.
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/8 cup diced celery
- 1/8 cup black beans
- 1/8 cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro and garlic
- 1 tbsp Lizano sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Cook quinoa according to the package instructions.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil into a medium sized pan. Once heated, add the garlic and onions and cook until the garlic turns golden/brown
- Add the diced celery and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the quinoa.
- Now, add the beans and mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp of the Lizano salsa and mix. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Lastly, add the chopped cilantro. And you’re done!
- Plate and bon appetit! I added pico de gallo with chopped cucumbers and bell peppers on my plate and some sliced avocados! YUM!
Give it a try and let me know how it went! I also made a brunch version of it with steak and eggs. It was sooooooooo good!